Strategic Business Services (Pty) Ltd, trading as SBS Conferences & Exhibitions, was formed in January 1987, and has its head office in Durbanville.
SBS develops and presents its own conferences and exhibitions and provides services to associations and trade bodies to develop and run events on a joint venture basis.
Apart from offering a full range of services for managing conferences and exhibitions, both live and on-line, SBS can provide finance and carry or share the risk.
To be recognized and admired by our partners, clients, and suppliers as one of the leading event management service providers in Southern Africa. A company you can trust and feel comfortable doing business with.
Our core values are focused on professionalism, honesty, transparency, and fairness in all we do.
Simply to fulfill and exceed the expectation of our customers, partners, and suppliers.
Our services include, amongst others:
- Providing upfront finance and undertaking or sharing the risk
- Total project management of conferences, exhibitions and webinars
- All administration and accounting functions including audited final accounts
- Assistance with research of topics and speakers
- Liaising with all speakers re papers, travel, and accommodation
- Handling all registrations, invoicing, and collection of all moneys
- Planning, designing and distribution of all promotional materials
- Organising pre and post conference tours, spouse, and social programmes
- Structuring sponsorship packages and raising sponsorship money
- Structuring exhibitions, selling space and management
SBS has run over 200 events around Southern Africa including:
- Specialised seminars for groups ranging from 40 to 350 delegates.
- National and international conferences with exhibitions for associations with 200 to 1 500 delegates and 20 to 100 exhibitors.
- Government forums to assist with the forming of both green and white papers on pending new policies for central government.
- Executive briefings and specialized workshops
SBS has experience and contacts in several industries:
- IT and Telecommunications
- Training & Skills Development
- Property Development
SBS is an independent company founded by Peter Aspinall in 1987.
SBS is BEEE accredited level 4
SBS has a core management team with substantial experience in event management.
MD and Project Manager – Peter Aspinall
Career spanning 18 years in IT managing major retail systems developments and over 30 years running his own conference and exhibition business. He is member and a past chairman of SAACI (South African Association for Conference Industries) and a fellow of the (CSSA) Computer Society and a past president.
Financial Manager – Danielle Aspinall B,com, MBA
Career spanning several years in auditing, Financial Manager, Reckit & Coleman and over 20 years as Financial Manager at SBS.
Director and Project Manager – Chris Laubscher
Event Administration and Data Base – Kim Kilpatrick