MOVING FORWARD WITH IPC IN AFRICA FOR AFRICA
ICAN (Infection Control Africa Network) is a non-profit organisation consisting of members in the healthcare sector with a special interest in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC).
Over the years, ICAN has grown to become THE voice of IPC in Africa and is recognised by goverments across the world as well as the WHO.
The ICAN biennial Congress provides a platform throughout Africa for sharing knowledge, experience and best practices in Infection Prevention and Control with the goal of ensuring access to safe and quality healthcare across the continent.
With Covid-19 still a very real threat in Africa, this year’s congress will be taking place online from 23 – 25 November 2021.
The virtual congress is aimed at nurses, doctors, students and other healthcare practitioners with an interest in Infection Prevention and Control including, but not limited to:
- Senior hospital management, nursing managers, senior nursing and medical staff.
- IPC specialists and medical laboratory scientists.
- Technical managers, hospital engineers and maintenance personnel.
- Health services and facilities planners, administrators and managers.
- Infrastructure equipment suppliers and specialists.
- Clinical engineering practitioners and technicians.
- Medical equipment suppliers and specialists.
- Information technology and communications specialists.
- Security, environment and waste management suppliers and specialists.
SATURDAY, 20 NOVEMBER & SUNDAY, 21 NOVEMBER 2021 | 08h30 – 16h00
|08h30||16h00||ICAN Board Meeting|
|PRE-CONGRESS TRAINING WORKSHOP|
(separate registration required)
MONDAY, 22 NOVEMBER 2021 | 10h00 – 17h00
Session chair: Mrs Anna Vorndran
|14h00||17h00||Session chair: Dr A Bulabula |
Workshop 3: Science communication (on IPC) organised by Conversation Africa
Session chair: Dr A Sowande
Workshop 4: Trends in IPC
|18h00||20h00||Meeting with Africa IPC Society Chairs|
Fees & Registration
|MEMBER STATUS||THREE-DAY CONGRESS (23 – 25 November 2021)||PRE-CONGRESS WORKSHOP (22 November 2021)|
|Early Bird Bookings (for bookings up to 15 October 2021)||Normal Bookings (for bookings from 16 October 2021)||Early Bird Bookings (for bookings up to 15 October 2021)||Normal Bookings (for bookings from 16 October 2021)|
|ICAN Members||R1 500 / US$100 incl VAT||R1 800 / US$120 incl VAT||R450 / US$30 incl VAT||R525 / US$35 incl VAT|
|Non-Members||R1 800 / US$120 incl VAT||R2 100 / US$140 incl VAT||R525 / US$35 incl VAT||R600 / US$40 incl VAT|
If you have a scheduling conflict or even miss a session because you were late to register or had a last minute deadline or meeting you could not miss, don’t worry – if you’ve paid for the congress (either pre or post), you will have access to all paid-up session recordings and speaker presentations, so you will have plenty of time to catch up on all the action you missed.
If you’re not yet a member of ICAN, please click here to take advantage of the reduced registration fees for members.
Terms & Conditions:
- Registration must take place online. Registration queries may be submitted to email@example.com or by calling 0713481780.
- Registration fees include 15% VAT.
- Payment must be made no later than two working days ahead of the event.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing no later than six working days ahead of the event to qualify for a full refund.
- Cancellations received within six working days of the event will not qualify for a refund.
- Delegate substitutions are allowed and must be submitted in writing no later than two working days ahead of the event.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances we reserve the right to cancel or change the dates of the programme in which case refunds will be applied where applicable.
- Whilst SBS Conferences and ICAN will take all necessary measures to ensure a seamless virtual event experience for all, as all speakers and delegates are located in different locations, the quality of the experience will be dependent on the respective internet connections. We are also unable to take responsibility for load shedding instituted by Eskom that may limit the experience.
- The information collected during registration will be used to communicate with you regarding your participation at our events and/or to share industry-related information, including work undertaken by ICAN on behalf of the healthcare sector. You may unsubscribe at any time.
CALL FOR SPONSORS
Suppliers can gain valuable brand exposure through two sponsorship packages, the details of which are available here.
We are also looking for companies and individuals who are willing to sponsor the registration fee for healthcare students – contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The 8th ICAN Virtual Congress is being organised by:
LOCAL ORGANISING COMMITTEE:
Prof Sade Ogunsola – Chair (Nigeria)
Mrs Anna Vorndran (South Africa)
Dr Andy Bulabula (DRC)
Ms B Sithole (Zimbabwe)
Peter Aspinall (SBS Conferences)
Chris Laubscher (SBS Conferences)
Ms Anna Maruta – Chair (Sierra Leone)
Prof Shaheen Mehtar (South Africa)
Prof Sade Ogunsola (Nigeria)
Dr Linus Ndegwa (Kenya)
Dr Andy Bulabula (DRC)
Dr Joost Hopman (Holland)
Prof Debola Olayinka (Nigeria)
Ms Briette du Toit (South Africa)
Mr Jacob Gobte (Cameroon)
Dr Iman Heweidy (Egypt)
Prof Valerie Robertson (Zimbabwe)
For queries, please contact:
Strategic Business Services t/a SBS Conferences & Exhibitions
+27 (0)71 348 1780
PO Box 1586, Durbanville, 7551