CONNECTING AFRICA THROUGH SMART, SAFE AND RESILIENT ROADS
Stimulating Growth and Trade on the Continent
SARF (South African Roads Federation) African Regional Conferences have been successfully produced on a regular basis since 1988 and are recognised as one of the flagship events for the roads sector in Southern Africa. It is gaining wider recognition globally with our co-hosts the International Road Federation and PIARC (World Road Association). Over 420 delegates and 35 exhibitors participated in the last event in Durban in 2018.
This year’s conference and exhibition is taking place from 18 – 20 October 2022 at the Cape Town International Convention Centre under the theme Connecting Africa through Smart, Safe and Resilient Roads: Stimulating Growth and Trade on the Continent. Join leading road specialists and decision-makers as we examine and discuss ways to expand and improve our road networks, specifically in Africa, but also to then take the lessons learnt further abroad. PIARC will also host two specialist seminars of vital concern on Safe and Efficient Transport by Road and The Role of Low Volume Roads in Rural Connectivity.
The conference is aimed at the following sectors:
- Provincial and local government and roads agencies/authorities.
- Civil engineering contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Road, bridge and tunnel builders and maintenance contractors.
- Traffic planning and management systems companies.
- ITS and communication companies.
- Road safety specialists and suppliers.
- Road lighting and signage companies.
- Procurement managers.
With thanks to the following sponsors:
The conference and exhibition will be taking place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC), Africa’s leading convention centre located in the heart of Cape Town’s business and entertainment centre. It is located at the entrance to Cape Town’s buzzing CBD, within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront and a selection of world class hotels, and is mere minutes away from Table Mountain, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
The purpose built event complex consists of CTICC 1 and CTICC 2, which are connected by the Skybridge and boast a total floor space of 140 855m2.
The 7th Regional Conference for Africa & PIARC International Seminar on Rural Roads and Road Safety will be taking place in Auditorium 2 (CTICC 1, Floor), with breakaways taking place in the Nerina Meeting Pod (CTICC 2) and Protea Meeting Pod (CTICC 2). The exhibition will be taking place in Hall 7 (CTICC 2) and the Gala Dinner in Hall 10 (CTICC 2). Registration will take place outside Hall 7, with parking available in P5.
OPTIONAL, COMPLIMENTARY POST-CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES – 20 OCTOBER 2022
Attendees have the option of attending one of two complimentary post-conference activities starting at 14h10 for approximately three hours:
Option 1: Attend an interactive workshop “Management Practices for Safer Roads” at CTICC hosted by UNITAR (United Nations Institute for Training and Research) – read more here.
Option 2: Attend two site visits hosted by the Western Cape Government Department of Transport and Public Works:
• Upgrade of MR168 (Baden Powell Drive) – read more here.
• Upgrade of Refinery Interchange – read more here.
Sign-up sheets will be made available at the registration desk on Day 1 of the conference. However, should you wish to definitively RSVP now for one of the above, you may do so here.
FEES & REGISTRATION
|SARF / IRF / PIARC MEMBERS||NON-MEMBERS||STUDENTS*|
|Early bird||Normal||Late||Early bird||Normal||Late||Early bird||Normal||Late|
|Three-day conference||R6 000.00||R6 600.00||R7 200.00||R7 000.00||R7 700.00||R8 400.00||R2 500.00||R3 000.00||R3 500.00|
|VAT @ 15%||R900.00||R990.00||R1 080.00||R1 050.00||R1 155.00||R1 260.00||R375.00||R450.00||R525.00|
|TOTAL||R6 900.00||R7 590.00||R8 280.00||R8 050.00||R8 855.00||R9 660.00||R2 875.00||R3 450.00||R4 025.00|
|Individual days||R2 500.00||R2 700.00||R2 900.00||R2 700.00||R2 900.00||R3 100.00||R1 000.00||R1 200.00||R1 400.00|
|VAT @ 15%||R375.00||R405.00||R435.00||R405.00||R435.00||R465.00||R150.00||R180.00||R210.00|
|TOTAL||R2 875.00||R3 105.00||R3 335.00||R3 105.00||R3 335.00||R3 565.00||R1 150.00||R1 380.00||R1 610.00|
- Cocktail party (day 1): R347.83 ex VAT / R400 incl VAT.
- Dinner (day 2): R695.65 ex VAT / R800 incl VAT.
- 10% for five or more delegates.
- 20% for 10 or more delegates.
- Early bird: For registrations made until 9 September 2022.
- Normal: For registrations made between 10 September and 13 October 2022.
- Late: For registrations made from 14 October 2022.
Terms & Conditions:
- Registration fees include: full access to the conference and exhibition; morning, mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments; lunch daily; parking daily; day one cocktail party and day two gala dinner.
- Registration fees exclude accommodation and transport, where applicable.
- *Student rates apply to people under the age of 25 registered as full time students at tertiary education establishments. Student number and ID number will be required on registration.
- Registration must take place online with payments made via credit card or EFT. Registration queries may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0713481780.
- Cancellations submitted eight or more working days from the start of the conference will qualify for a full refund.
- Cancellations submitted in writing within seven working days of the start of the conference will not qualify for a refund, but name substitutions will be accepted.
- SARF / IRF / PIARC, CTICC and SBS Conferences & Exhibitions shall not be held liable for personal accidents, losses or damage to the private property of registered delegates. Delegates should make their own arrangements in respect of personal insurance.
Covid-19 Contingency / Vis Major:
- All Covid-19 regulations as stipulated by the Government and in turn the conference venue will be followed, the details of which will be shared closer to the date of the conference.
- In the case of a government lockdown or any other Vis Major situation, the live event will be converted to a virtual event. Delegate registrations will be transferred accordingly and delegates will receive a 70% refund on fees already paid. A full refund may be requested if delegates are unable to attend the virtual event.
- The information collected during registration will be used to communicate with you regarding your participation at this conference and/or to share industry-related information, including work undertaken by SARF / IRF / PIARC on behalf of the industries they represent. You may unsubscribe at any time.
SARF (South African Roads Federation), International Road Federation and PIARC (World Road Association) would like to acknowledge and sincerely thank the following 2022 sponsors for their valuable support. You can visit our sponsor page here. Alternatively, click on each sponsor logo below to view their sponsor profile.
If you would like to become a sponsor, click the button below to find out more:
ECSA accreditation has been provided by SARF (ref number SARF22/ CON-07/25) as follows:
- 18 October 2022: 1 CPD Point in Category 1
- 19 October 2022: 1 CPD Point in Category 1
- 20 October 2022: 1 CPD Point in Category 1
ACCOMMODATION, transport & tours
Accommodation at discounted rates has been sourced for conference attendees at five hotels in the Cape Town city centre. All provide easy access to all that Cape Town has to offer as well as the Cape Town International Convention Centre, with three specifically being in close walking distance.
Unless you are familiar with the public transport system in Cape Town, it is recommended that you either hire a car or book an airport transfer via a reputable shuttle company. We provide you with multiple options to choose from.
Cape Town: Where you can watch the sun rise over the Indian Ocean over breakfast and watch the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean that very same evening, and experience a world of wonder and adventure in between. No matter your interest – scenery, culture, beverages, animals or adventure – we’ve curated an interesting array of tours for your enjoyment before, during (bring your partner) or after the conference.
The SARF / IRF / PIARC 2022 Conference and Exhibition is being organised by:
STEERING & MARKETING COMMITTEE:
Basil Jonsson (Chair)
Paul Nordengen (Chair)
Philip Page Green
Gonzalo Alcaraz (IRF, Geneva – Switzerland)
Miguel Florez (PIARC)
Dianne Myles (SARF Head Office)
Peter Aspinall (SBS Conferences & Exhibitions)
Chris Laubscher (SBS Conferences & Exhibitions)
For conference and exhibition related enqueries, please contact SBS Conferences & Exhibitions: