CONNECTING AFRICA THROUGH SMART, SAFE AND RESILIENT ROADS
Stimulating Growth and Trade on the Continent
SARF (South African Roads Federation) African Regional Conferences have been successfully produced on a regular basis since 1988 and are recognised as one of the flagship events for the roads sector in Southern Africa. It is gaining wider recognition globally with our co-hosts IRF (International Road Federation) and PIARC (World Road Association). Over 420 delegates and 35 exhibitors participated in the last event in Durban in 2018.
The 7th Regional Conference for Africa & PIARC International Seminar will be taking place in Cape Town, South Africa at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from 25 to 27 October 2022.
The conference is aimed at the following sectors:
- Provincial and local government and roads agencies/authorities.
- Civil engineering contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Road, bridge and tunnel builders and maintenance contractors.
- Traffic planning and management systems companies.
- ITS and communication companies.
- Road safety specialists and suppliers.
- Road lighting and signage companies.
- Procurement managers.
Under the overarching theme of CONNECTING AFRICA THROUGH SMART, SAFE AND RESILIENT ROADS – Stimulating Growth and Trade on the Continent, we hereby invite papers/abstracts to address one or more of the following sub-themes:
- Determination of roads needs and financing mechanisms.
- Preserving Africa’s road assets.
- Safe and efficient transport by road.
- Innovative practices to optimise road networks.
- Roads and the environment.
- The role of low volume roads in rural connectivity.
- Capacity development in the roads sector.
- Any other suitable papers that may not fit into the above sub-themes.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE CALL FOR PAPERS INCLUDING MORE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE SUB-THEMES .
Abstracts should be submitted in English and online before 30 November 2021.
Presentation time will be limited to 30 minutes of which 10 minutes will be allocated to introductions and questions.
- Deadline for abstract submissions: 30 November 2021
- Notification of acceptance: 31 January 2022
- Submission of formal papers for review: 31 July 2022
The conference will be taking place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC), Africa’s leading convention centre located in the heart of Cape Town’s business and entertainment centre. It is located at the entrance to Cape Town’s buzzing CBD, within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront and a selection of world class hotels, and is mere minutes away from Table Mountain, one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
The purpose built event complex consists of CTICC 1 and CTICC 2, which are connected by the Skybridge and boast a total floor space of 140 855m2.
PRE & POST CONFERENCE TOURS
FEES & REGISTRATION
A trade exhibition will run alongside the conference, offering suppliers an oustanding opportunity to promote their products and services to influential speakers and delegates.
If you would like to register your interest and be the first to receive details about our exhibition packages once released, please click here.
Suppliers will be able to gain exposure through a variety of promotional opportunities and sponsorships.
If you would like to register your interest and be the first to receive details about our sponsorship packages once released, please click here.
The SARF / IRF / PIARC 2022 Conference is being organised by:
STEERING & MARKETING COMMITTEE:
Basil Jonsson (Chair)
Peter Aspinall (SBS)
Chris Laubscher (SBS)
Paul Nordengen (Chair)
Philip Page Green
For registration queries, please contact:
Strategic Business Services t/a SBS Conferences & Exhibitions
071 348 1780
PO Box 1586, Durbanville, 7551